11 December 2008

This is why CNN fails as a news source

It's not really news that CNN is no longer a worthy news source. But then I'm not a journalist. I stopped watching/reading CNN quite some time ago, but occasionally I check it just to compare their reporting to other sources.

This is what met my eyes in the right sidebar of their main page. A poll. I'd include a link, but the content in question would disappear too quickly.

"What should the Obama Administration spend money on to revive the economy?"

This is wrong on so many levels. Talk about leading questions. The sheer amount of presupposition and framing is mind-boggling. And what scares me the most is that I know that this is the mindset of the majority of Americans. Not *whether* to jump, but how high. It makes me almost physically ill.

So I guess it'll be another year before I look at CNN again. I urge you, dear reader, (singular, I'm sure) to do likewise.

PS - There were other atrocities on their page, such as the featured video of a "live-in fembot". WTF?

1 comment:

  1. you, sir, are that singular reader.

    don't know if you've seen any of the other polls, but they're all equally inane. i have not found a good news source other than npr at this point, and they have issues about what they fail to report. case in point: whether the public financing of elections should receive an increase in funds--NOT whether it should even exist.

    ReplyDelete