22 August 2008

vmware4j

it looks like windows cannot handle my hard drive anymore. i have to think that my video driver stunt didn't cause this mess--chkdsk won't even run. since linux gave its life that i might live (it got whacked during my attempt at reinstalling xp), i was thinking i would repay it by making it my official OS and running xp through vmware. i've already gotst the 32-bit ubuntu back up and running (the key was the copying of the xorg.conf file from my old backup).

so anyone gotst a good idea of which vm package to use? i've found vmware and virtualbox, the latter having a simple install, but the former having more press (i.e. it has a brain cell devoted to remembering that i've heard of it).

i'm also looking for someone to donate a mac to a good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment