18 March 2008

resharper is the bomb!!!11!

i am a huge fan of resharper. i don't code c# anything without it anymore since the MS IDE basically has the intelligence of a chicken. that was proved to me yet again today as i had a support person on the phone, walking him through our functional tests today.

me: just add a test class to that project.
-wait-
-wait-
me: right. don't forget your TestFixture attribute.
-wait-
...
me: now just type the method name and we'll generate it--oh, sorry, you don't have resharper, do you?
-wait-
me: don't forget the Test attribute.
-wait-
me: ok, let's go create the actual method now.
-wait-
me: you misspelled it.
-wait-


you get the idea. what took him about 5 minutes to accomplish, i could do in 5 or 10 seconds. and know it was done right. he no access to our shared code style conventions, code snippets, etc. it even provides the ability to navigate nant build files as if they're code.

even for all the stuff i want, i still haven't really fired up VS2k8 since R#4.0 isn't out just yet. i guess i'll have to install the beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment