one of our original overhead lights in the kitchen died a while ago. being über-hippie types, we decided to look for a greener compact flourescent bulb as a replacement. for $11, wife bought a pack of two, each with a glass cover to mask the hideous structure of a normal cf bulb. unfortunately, wife has the coordination of a drunken jellyfish two weeks dead, so the blubs, having had a face-to-face encounter with mother earth, no worky. now, given that these bulbs have mercury and other pollutants, we need to find a way to re-dispose of our $11, preferrably for free.
someone tell me where to take my bulbs (please submit all responses as xml documents). think of the children.
update: after watching my daughter tug on the cord for a cf lamp, i wonder if requiring people to keep mercury-spewing accidents within reach of children is such a good idea. it's somewhat surprising, i know, but laws have unintended consequences.